Sea of Thieves: Pirate Game will never offer lootboxes
Developer Rare recently talked about loot boxing in Sea of Thieves in an interview. Design director Mike Chapman confirmed that the upcoming pirate title will never offer lootboxing. However, microtransactions will also be available in Sea of Thieves in the future. However, there will be no mini-DLCs available for launch.
On March 20, 2018 Sea of Thieves ( now for € 64.99 ) is the exclusive pirate game from developer Rare Ltd. for Xbox One and the PC. A few weeks before the release, Mike Chapman (Design Director at Rare) talked about loot boxing in an interview with PCGamer. In it he confirmed that Sea of Thieves will never offer Lootboxing. “There will never be any form of gambling in Sea of Thieves, in any way,” they say.
Even pay-to-win items will not play a role in Rares co-op titles. However, the studio wants to offer some microtransactions in the future. However, these mini-DLCs will only be cosmetic items and will not be available for launch. When micro-transactions will appear in Sea of Thieves, Chapman has not yet revealed.
In our new preview you will also get a detailed look at the upcoming content of Sea of Thieves.
- Monster Hunter: World Late PC Release | Harmful to Total Sales
- Pokémon Go: New Nester Update is Live – Monster Swarms in the Parks
- Humble Store: Big Double Fine Sale with Psychonauts & more
- Hearthstone: Blizzard denies switch rumor | Updates
- June’s Journey – Hidden Object Game Free Download For PC (Windows)
- Candy Crush Saga Game Free Download For PC (Windows & Laptop)
- Fishdom Game Free Download For PC (Windows & Laptop)