Overwatch: Team access costs increased from $ 20 to 60 million
Companies and organizations that wanted to team up to start the Overwatch League had to pay a fee of $ 20 million to join. Blizzard Entertainment has found a total of twelve partners for the eSport league’s first season. At the investor conference, Blizzard has now revealed that the entry fee for new teams is significantly increased.
Last weekend saw the final of the first season of the Overwatch ( now for € 63.59 buy )League held. In the end, with London Spitfire, the only European team could prevail in the competition. In the coming weeks, Blizzard Entertainment will now also take care of other companies that could provide a new team for the eSport league in the second season. However, these organizations have to dig deep into their pockets for accession.
The current twelve teams of the Overwatch League had to pay a fee of 20 million US dollars to participate in the competition. In the past Investor Relations, Blizzard announced that this sum will increase for new teams in season two. A fixed amount has not yet been revealed, but the fee is expected to be between 35 and 60 million US dollars.
Even before the start of the first season Blizzard had difficulties to convince European and Asian teams of the high participation fee. Perhaps the success of the league ensures a rethinking of the companies.
- Monster Hunter: World Late PC Release | Harmful to Total Sales
- Pokémon Go: New Nester Update is Live – Monster Swarms in the Parks
- Humble Store: Big Double Fine Sale with Psychonauts & more
- Change PSN name: Sony survey fuels hope for new option
- June’s Journey – Hidden Object Game Free Download For PC (Windows)
- Candy Crush Saga Game Free Download For PC (Windows & Laptop)
- Fishdom Game Free Download For PC (Windows & Laptop)