Civilization 6: Rise and Fall add-on release and new patch
Firaxis Games has today released not only the add-on Rise and Fall but also a new patch for the strategy game Civilization 6. Amongst other things, the update makes some changes to the AI behaviour, improves the user interface and tweaks to general balancing. There are also a number of bug fixes. Of course, you can find the complete patch notes here.
Today, Thursday, February 8, 2018, fans of the strategy game Civilization 6 (now buying for € 26.50) will have a double reason to celebrate. For example, the developer Firaxis Games has published the extensive add-on Rise and Fall. A total of eight new civilizations, such as the Mongols, the Dutch and the Scots make their début, all with special units and individual abilities. The extension can now be purchased on Steam for 29.99 euros on the digital way.
But that’s not all: the developers have released a new update for Civilization 6, which will automatically be downloaded the next time the game starts. Among other things, the patch makes some changes to the behavior of the AI opponents, improves the user interface and unscrews the general balancing. There are also a number of bug fixes. Here is the full list of changes:
Civilization 6: Rise and Fall Enhancements
- Rework start position algorithm to spread major powers evenly across the map first and then insert city-states in the margins. Results in improved distances between Civilizations and better quality for major civ start positions.
- Add notification about production salvaged from a Wonder. Make sure that production is credited.
Civilization 6: Rise and Fall Balance Changes
- Diplomatic actions now scale with game speed.
- Government Policies that increase production on Melee class units now include Anti-Cavalry class units.
- Change tech boost for Steel to add a soft prerequisite that hints you probably want Ironclads before Destroyers.
- Barbarian difficulty has been updated to scale with each difficulty level. (Warlord, Prince, King etc…)
- Healing plunder reward from Farms reduced from 100 to 50.
- ‘Sack’ government policy has been removed and its effects have been added to the ‘Raid’ policy.
- Naval combat changes – Bombard land units are now more effective against naval units, Ranged land units are less effective against naval units.
- Pillage rewards are now displayed in the tooltip of the Pillage action button.
- Boost number of random Apostle Promotions from 2 to 3.
- Reduce Science per population from 0.7 down to 0.5.
- Great Admirals and Great Generals have a combat bonus and a movement bonus, they no longer stack.
- Gold and Faith rewards from Tribal Villages now scale with Game Speed.
Civilization 6: Rise and Fall General Bug Fixes
- Apostles could run out of random promotions to choose from.
- If a spy is traveling to a city that changes hands, abort travel and return them to your capital.
- Warrior Monks now benefit from Great Generals and can earn the Spear of Fionn promotion.
- Abundant resource will spawn sea luxuries.
- Units levied from a city-state will now retain any promotions earned while controlled by a player.
- Fixed several issues with obsolete units appearing in the production menu for a city.
- Fortified units will now properly ‘wake up’ after being attacked.
- Fortified or Sleeping units that have been expelled from a city will now properly ‘wake up’.
- Support units can now be levied from City-States.
- Fixed a bug preventing Ranged Cavalry class units from receiving the combat bonus from the Spear of Fionn ability.
- Fixed an issue with embarked units not being able to heal in friendly territory.
- Properly abort all spy missions if a city changes hands.
- Fixed an issue that caused zone of control UI to show between religious units of the same player.
- Properly update siege status of a city when units die, are deleted, etc.
- Don’t award a Spread Religion charge to Gurus from the Mosque.
- Make sure losing Kandy as an ally doesn’t interfere with the Reliquaries belief.
Civilization 6: Rise and Fall AI
- Fixed an issue that was causing the AI to send multiple spies on the same mission.
- AI will look at graphic change on spaceports, and can target their spies to spaceports that are performing their science victory projects.
- Improved opportunity cost considerations for district placement.
- Improve ability to place / use aqueducts.
- AI knows to move builders back into their territory if they get caught outside.
- AI will not complain about stealth units it can’t see being too close to its border.
- AI is much less likely to trade its cities away as part of a peace deal.
- Improved resource trading, AI considers luxury resources it is currently importing.
- Improved new city placement, also fixed issues where the settler would try to travel through hostile territory to get an escort.
- AI prefers garrisoning ranged units over melee.
- If the AI can capture, or significantly damage, a target city, it may ignore hostile units nearby to do that.
- Fixed coordinating ranged attacks.
Civilization 6: Rise and Fall Multiplayer
- Changing default Resources option to Standard for multiplayer. There is a map generation issue where setting Resources to Abundant and StartPosition to Balanced results in civ starting positions being too close together.
- Players could not ready up when dirty from another match.
- Improved stability when players connect to or disconnect from launching games.
- Pausing the game could desync multiplayer games.
- Missing official content icon was not working in the multiplayer lobby.
- Improved stability when game host leaves game in multiplayer.
- Made sure you can’t declare war on a Teammate.
Civilization 6: Rise and Fall Civ-specific Bug Fixes
- Properly credit Kongo with 1 Culture, 1 Tourism if multiple works from the same artist are in the Palace.
- Don’t give the Hansa bonuses for adjacent Antiquity Sites/Shipwrecks.
- Allow India to train Warrior Monks if 1 follower of that religion is in the city.
- Fix Arabia’s unique ability so only FOREIGN cities following their religion that add Science.
- If the Kongo captures a city-state, don’t let them grab a Holy Site.
Civilization 6: Rise and Fall User Interface Improvements
- Show turns until Anarchy clears.
- Show turns until Friendship lapses.
- Defeated notification indicates whether a city-state or full civ was eliminated.
- Remove warmonger information on the Keep City dialog if city received in a trade.
- Only allow religious units to Rest/Repair on tiles where they are close enough to a Holy Site to actually heal.
- Do not hide Casus Belli sub-menu if a denouncement has not occurred (so the reason that war can’t be declared is clearer to the player).
- Show turns until Denouncement clears.
- Correct timing of Culture Victory imminent message.
- Add notification if an enemy spy escaped your police.
- Emphasized several notifications indicating negative effects on the player.
- Civilopedia bug fixes and improvements.
- Trade Route panel bug fixes and improvements.
- Corrected an Issue where incorrect team numbers were displayed.
- Add whether or not an original capital was conquered or not to the associated gossip message.
- Show requirements for each Casus Belli when that option is grayed out.
- Fixed map pin corruption when deleting and adding map pins.
- Version mismatched games are colored differently in multiplayer lobby.
- If multiple players are affected by a nuclear attack, the Declare War warning dialog will now appropriately list all players involved.
- Always show the player’s own cities first in the list of trade route destinations.
Civilization 6: Rise and Fall Art
- New Barbarian Scout skin.
- Animation fix for Gorgo.
Civilization 6: Rise and Fall Writing
- Various text updates and bug fixes.
- Monster Hunter: World Late PC Release | Harmful to Total Sales
- Pokémon Go: New Nester Update is Live – Monster Swarms in the Parks
- Humble Store: Big Double Fine Sale with Psychonauts & more
- Metal Gear Survive: These are the PC system requirements
- June’s Journey – Hidden Object Game Free Download For PC (Windows)
- Candy Crush Saga Game Free Download For PC (Windows & Laptop)
- Fishdom Game Free Download For PC (Windows & Laptop)